Terms of Service
I. Acceptance of Terms
Your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the materials contained in the Site, with the quality of service, or with these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
In order to receive our newsletters directly in your inbox, you must complete a subscription process. As a subscriber you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the subscription form (such information being the “subscription data”), and (b) maintain and promptly update the subscription data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You are responsible for notifying Our Incredible World Inc. of any security issues arising from the subscription process, and indemnify, and hold harmless Our Incredible World Inc. from any loss or damage arising from said subscription.
By subscribing, you consent to the collection of your data, including, without limitation, subscription data, by Our Incredible World Inc. and processing of such data by Our Incredible World Inc. in connection with your use of the Site. You consent to the technical processing and transmission involved in your use of the Site, including, without limitation, subscription data, and you acknowledge that such process may involve (a) transmission of such data over various networks; and (b) modifying such data to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
II. Intellectual Property Issues
The Site is owned by . Our Incredible World Inc. All of the content featured or displayed on the Site, including, but not limited to, still images, text, pictorial works, video images, still images of video, graphic designs, audio recordings, multimedia combinations, and computer programs, including web-based programs (“Content”) is owned or licensed by. Our Incredible World Inc.
As such you agree:
1. That you may only download to any single computer a single copy of any Content for personal and noncommercial use.
2. To not reproduce, distribute, modify, re-post on another site (regardless of the server on which the Content is stored), or sell any Content without specific written authorization from Our Incredible World Inc, unless such use is pursuant to Educational Use of Content of this agreement.
3. To maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices embedded in or attached to any Content.
4. By uploading material, posting comments, or providing other content to the Site (“User Content”), you grant Our Incredible World Inc. the following rights: a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivatives of the User Content, in whole or in part, without further review or participation from you, in any medium now existing or subsequently developed, in editorial, commercial, promotional, and trade uses in connection with OIW Products. An OIW Product is defined as “a product of Our Incredible World Inc., a corporate subsidiary, affiliate, joint venturer, or licensee of Our Incredible World Inc., in any language, which is associated with an Our Incredible World Inc. trademark and over which Our Incredible World Inc. has “Editorial Control.” For the purposes of this Agreement, “Editorial Control” means the right to review, consult regarding, formulate standards for, or to exercise a veto over the appearance, text, use, or promotion of the OIW Product. You also agree that Our Incredible World Inc. may make User Content available to users of the Site who may display and redistribute it in the same way that Our Incredible World Inc. makes all other Content available.
Note: If you believe that your work has been used in a way that may constitute copyright infringement, please provide Our Incredible World Inc. the following information:
a: A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
b. A description of where the said material is located on the Site;
d. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
e. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Incredible World Inc. can be contacted at:
F. von Rosen
Our Incredible World Inc.
1355 Pine Grove Road
THIS CONTACT INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR REPORTING ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OTHER MATTERS IS PROVIDED ELSEWHERE ON THE SITE.
III. Educational Use of Content
With respect to Content designated as available for download for educational purposes, librarians, teachers, support staff, administrators, and other staff of educational institutions are authorized to download, print, reproduce, and distribute such Content as may be beneficial for use in educational settings. This authorization extends only as far as is necessary to directly benefit students. Content subject to this Section may not be disseminated beyond the user’s particular educational institution and may under no circumstances be used for commercial purposes.
Content used for any purpose must always maintain unaltered copyright and other proprietary notices. Content may not be re-posted, framed, or mirrored on any other Web sites or computer networks, regardless of educational use.
The Site and all material and information posted on it is provided to you “as is” without any warranties. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with use of the Site, including those risks associated with reliance on the accuracy, thoroughness, or utility of any Content.
Although Our Incredible World Inc. does not routinely monitor the postings to the Site, Our Incredible World Inc. reserves the right (but assumes no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any User Content that comes to its attention that Our Incredible World Inc. considers in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. Conduct by any user that, at the sole discretion of Our Incredible World Inc., restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. Our Incredible World Inc. reserves the right to refuse access to the Site to any user for any reason, including, without limitation, a reasonable belief that the user in question has violated these Terms, any other operating rules or terms currently posted on the Site, or any of the copyright or trademark laws of the Canada.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other sites or resources. Because Our Incredible World Inc. has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Our Incredible World Inc. is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Our Incredible World Inc. shall not be responsible or liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with use of or reliance on any such linked content, goods or services available on or through any such linked site or resource.
VI. User Conduct
Our Incredible World Inc. wants to encourage an open exchange of information and ideas on the Site. You can expect the Site to include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than Our Incredible World Inc. Our Incredible World Inc. neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy of any User Content. Our Incredible World Inc. does not preview, censor, approve, edit, or endorse User Content and cannot guarantee that inappropriate material will not be posted. Our Incredible World Inc. may review User Content from time to time and may take steps to remove inappropriate User Content that comes to its attention; however, it engages in no routine monitoring of the Site. There is no substitute for healthy skepticism and your own good judgment.
You agree to assume full and sole responsibility for any User Content you post to the Site, and you agree to:
1. Post User Content that is relevant to and appropriate for the site and specific topic.
2. Represent that you are the owner of the User Content, or are making your submission with express consent of the owner, that you have obtained all third party releases and permissions necessary for use of any User Content that you post, and nothing you post will infringe on the rights of others;
3. Neither post nor transmit any unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive User Content, or User Content that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or any other User Content that infringes on the ability of others to enjoy the Site, or is otherwise inappropriate;
4. Refrain from soliciting personal information from any user.
5. Neither post nor transmit through the Site any User Content that constitutes advertising or solicitation with respect to any product or service;
6. Not post anonymously or impersonate any other person; and
8. Use the site in any manor which could disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, nor make available any content, by any means, that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE IS A VIOLATION LAW. OUR INCREDIBLE WORLD INC. RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS ENGAGED IN SUCH AN ATTEMPT.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Our Incredible World Inc; its affiliates and partners; and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, members, licensors, representatives, and third party providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms. Our Incredible World Inc. reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Our Incredible World Inc. in asserting any available defenses.
These Terms and any other operating rules or terms currently posted on the Site constitute the entire agreement between Our Incredible World Inc. and the users of the Site, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. No action of Our Incredible World Inc. may be construed as a waiver of any part of these Terms. Should any of the above paragraphs be unenforceable, the other paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Copyright © 2008 Our Incredible World Inc. All rights reserved.